Check out our newest product and win!
We are very excited to introduce you to our newest product, Wood Prints. Printing your photo directly onto wood creates a piece of art that’s full of character. And thanks to our extensive R&D and legendary Posterjack quality, it will be something you’ll admire for a lifetime.
Five Facts about Posterjack Wood Prints
- They’re made with the finest Canadian birch wood.
- The birch wood we use comes from a certified renewable resource grown specifically to be harvested (so old growth forests are never harmed!).
- Your photo is printed directly onto the wood, so the natural texture and grain is visible. If your photo includes pure white or faint colours, the raw wood will show through, making it truly a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
- Wood Prints are resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Wood Prints include a float mount hanging system and attached picture wire, so you can display your art as soon as you get it.
What Photos Look Good Printed on Wood?
We have yet to see a photo that doesn’t look good as a Wood Print. There are, however, some types of photos that just seem like they were meant to be printed on wood. These include:
- Black and white images. Because the raw wood shows through in areas of a photo where there is white, the contrast between this and the deep blacks of a black and white image creates an effect that looks simply amazing.
- Beach photos. Waterfront photos really stand out when printed on wood, lending a driftwood feel to a Wood Print. It’s as though you’re bringing the beach home with you.
- Forest photos. What’s better than printing a photo of a tree onto a tree? Printing a forest of trees onto one! You can find that perfect forest photo from the Posterjack Art Shop (that is, if you don’t already have one of your own!).
- Textures. Any interior designer will tell you that it’s important to include a mix of patterns and texture in your home décor. Photographing patterns and textures and then applying these images to a textured medium can work really well, adding a sense of dimension and interest to your room.
- Graphic Designs. Create something super impressive with your graphic image. Artists love the way their graphic designs become something unique and organic on wood. Companies can create cool signage and logos with wood prints too!
Win Your Own Posterjack Wood Print!
Contest is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Penny Colton! Her walls are going to look amazing! Thanks to everyone who entered!
Now for the fun part! If you’d like a chance at winning a $100 Posterjack gift certificate to use towards your own Wood Print, leave a comment below answering either of the following two questions (or both!):
1. How many layers of wood are there in a Posterjack Wood Print? (Hint: the answer is on our Wood Prints page, which we’ve linked to at the beginning of this blog post.)
2. If you were to print some of your photos on wood, which would you choose and why?
We’re really excited about this new product so, naturally, we want to get the word out! We would love for you share this post with your friends. You can earn an extra entry by doing any of the following (you’ll receive one extra entry for each action):
- Like us on Facebook and leave a comment on our wall letting us know you entered our Wood Prints blog contest.
- Follow @Posterjack on Twitter and tweet the following: Check out the new @PosterjackDotCa Wood Prints and #win a $100 gift card! http://bit.ly/1fh5sUw #photosonwood
- Follow Posterjack on Pinterest and pin this post.
- Circle us on Google+ and share this post.
And now for the Fine Print (yawn)
A giveaway isn’t a giveaway without some rules and regulations. So, here they are:
- Contest is open to Canadian residents only.
- Contest closes at 11:59pm (EST) on April 30th, 2014. A winner will be randomly chosen from eligible entries on May 1st, 2014.
- Attempts to notify the winner will be made via email, Facebook message, or Twitter Direct Message. If this contact information is not available, we will announce the name of the winner, as it’s shown in the comments section of the blog, and provide details on how the winner can get in touch to claim his or her prize.
- If the winner fails to reply to our messages within seven days, a new winner will be selected from the eligible entries.
- The prize ($100 Posterjack gift certificate) can be used towards any Posterjack product, sales tax, and shipping. It cannot be combined with any other offer and is valid until December 31st, 2014.